Role as Members
The members of the First Nations Health Council also serve as a dual role as members of the First Nations Health Authority, and are collectively responsible to:
- Uphold the First Nations Health Authority Constitution and comply with the bylaws.
- Provide strategic direction for the Society, including through adopting a multi-year health plan and/or strategic plan by the First Nations Health Authority Board of Directors
- Advocate for the Society.
- Be responsible for reporting on the activities of the Society to the body that appointed them.
- Meet any other obligations of Members set out in the Accountability Framework.
- Call a meeting of the Chiefs to be held at least once in every 18 months.